Ah, French Boursin cheese, just the way your Irish-Polish mother makes it.
Another recipe from my mom, this is an herby, garlicky, spreadable cheese. It's very simple to make, and the recipe easily doubles / triples/ quadruples / quintuples / sextuples / septuples/ octuples / etcuples
For best results, make this recipe a day in advance to let the flavors mix in to the cheese.
- 8 ounces of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 tsp Beau Monde (preferred) or Bon Apetit seasoning
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed. Add more if you like garlic. I usually use two cloves.
- 1/4 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp fresh or dried parsley
- 1 tsp water
- 1/4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp worcestershire sauce
- Allow the butter and cream cheese to soften.
- In a bowl, thorougly beat butter and cream cheese together.
- Add the other ingredients and mix well